Sunday, January 25, 2009

The beginnings of adolescence

Last Sunday after my oldest, Giselle, gets out of the shower. She is normally my very obedient, helpful, no attitude child. I tell her she needs to blow dry her hair before going to church. " But I don't like to blow dry my hair!" "Well I'll do it" I say. She protests loudly, so I say, "If you want to have the stacked hair cut, you have to blow dry it." She says "I didn't want my hair cut like this, you made me get it" "What did I say when they asked me how I wanted your hair cut? However she wants it, it is her hair." "Oh" she says. 1 point for mom. She tries again. "I didn't want to take a shower this morning, you told me I had to." " No honey, what I said was, 'If you are going to take a shower this morning you should probably do so, so that you have enough time.'" another "oh".

Hopefully this is not a pattern of things to come, but I dare say it probably is. And thank you to whomever invented the stacked bob haircut that has to be blowed dried or it looks awful.

No comments: